Celebrating the Contributions of Women at the College of Medicine
During the past 50 years, women have contributed to biomedical science at Penn State College of Medicine in countless ways - as faculty, staff and students; as researchers, educators and clinicians; as mentors, supporters and champions.
The College of Medicine plans to mark these contributions with a full-day online symposium, "A Celebration of Women in Science," sponsored by the Office of the Vice Dean for Research and Graduate Studies.
This event will take place virtually Friday, March 12, 2021.
Initiatives supporting women at Penn State College of Medicine include:
- American Medical Women's Association (AMWA) - for medical students
- Center for Women's Health Research - holds annual Women's Health Research Day
- Graduate Women in Science (GWIS) - for graduate students
- Group on Women in Medicine and Science (GWIMS) - for faculty
- Harrell Library/GWIMS book collection - highlights issues women face in the professional workplace
- LGBTQ and Allies Affinity Resource Network Group - open to all; provides resources and support for queer and transgender women
- Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - provides resources, training and support for diverse groups
- Penn State Commission for Women in Hershey - open to all
- Sustainability Council Equity Team - open to all
- Time's Up Healthcare - commitment to support this national initiative
- Women in Surgery Interest Group - for medical students
- Webinar: Commission for Women Book Club
Feb 19, 2021 12:00 PM ESTWebconference
- Webinar: Race, Gender and Region in the Flexner Report
Feb 24, 2021 12:00 PM ESTWebconference
- Online Symposium: A Celebration of Women in Science
Mar 12, 2021 9:00 AM ESTWebconference
These stories showcase some of the recent achievements by women across Penn State College of Medicine and Penn State Health.