Celebrating the Contributions of Women at the College of Medicine
During the past 50 years, women have contributed to biomedical science at Penn State College of Medicine in countless ways - as faculty, staff and students; as researchers, educators and clinicians; as mentors, supporters and champions.
Initiatives supporting women at Penn State College of Medicine include:
- American Medical Women's Association (AMWA) - for medical students
- Center for Women's Health Research - holds annual Women's Health Research Day
- Graduate Women in Science (GWIS) - for graduate students
- Group on Women in Medicine and Science (GWIMS) - for faculty
- Harrell Library/GWIMS book collection - highlights issues women face in the professional workplace
- LGBTQ and Allies Affinity Resource Network Group - open to all; provides resources and support for queer and transgender women
- Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - provides resources, training and support for diverse groups
- Penn State Commission for Women in Hershey - open to all
- Sustainability Council Equity Team - open to all
- Time's Up Healthcare - commitment to support this national initiative
- Women in Surgery Interest Group - for medical students
AMA Women in Medicine Month Profiles
These stories showcase some of the recent achievements by women across Penn State College of Medicine and Penn State Health.