Leading Innovation Through Research
Our Foundation in the Research Continuum
Penn State College of Medicine has nationally recognized investigators advancing the understanding of health sciences across a broad continuum of research types:
- Basic: Investigative research that advances our scientific understanding of issues affecting health
- Clinical: Medical research directly involving patients that seeks to better understand and manage human illnesses
- Translational: Research that applies the discoveries made by basic research investigators to studies with patients or to best practices in the practice of medicine
- Health Services: Research that examines the health care system and access to care, and the effect that care has on patients
Supporting Research at the College of Medicine
Core Facilities & Research Resources
The College has both fully supported institutional facilities and independently-available departmental labs and equipment that can be used or hired to assist investigators in their research.
Clinical research and biomedical sciences research are both crucial to the continued advancement of our medical knowledge.
Research Administration & Support
Getting a new project up and running can be trying for even the most experienced investigator. At the College of Medicine, we have expert staff available to help guide you through the process.
Connect with Penn State College of Medicine
Attend an Event
- IRB Board B Review Meeting
Dec 9, 2019 1:00 PM EST
- IRB Board C Review Meeting
Dec 16, 2019 1:00 PM EST
- Health Services and Behavioral Research Seminar: “Viral Imaginations – Vaccination and the Zombie Apocalypse”
Dec 17, 2019 12:00 PM EST
The Clinical Simulation Center at Penn State College of Medicine is focused on research into the most effective uses of simulation to improve patient outcomes while enhancing practitioner skills, clinical competence and teamwork.
Innovation Café is a regional event focused on expanding and sustaining the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Central Pennsylvania. This reoccurring networking forum features high-profile guest speakers discussing industry innovations, business trends, regulations and the impact on the life sciences and healthcare community.
Clinical & Translational Science Institute
As a member of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical and Translational Science Award Network (UL1 TR00127), Penn State CTSI provides resources, collaboration opportunities, services, workforce training, education and tools to help translate new research findings into tangible health benefits that improve the lives of those in the Commonwealth and beyond.
Institute for Personalized Medicine
Penn State's Institute for Personalized Medicine uses individual characteristics to tailor medical treatments By understanding the genetic differences between people, doctors and investigators can best target their therapies. Penn State's IPM gives scientists the tools to develop research studies seeking this information, and future therapies for patients.