Providing Advanced Public Health Education
The Doctor of Public Health (DrPH) degree is the terminal professional degree in Public Health.
Our program is designed to provide advanced public health education and training.
We prepare our graduates for evidence-based practice and translational science leadership.
DrPH graduates pursue career opportunities in federal, state, and local government, as well as in non-profit, academic, and private sectors.
About the Program
DrPH students must complete a minimum of 45 credits of coursework plus 15 credits of doctoral research and advanced field experience beyond a master’s degree.
Within these credits, students complete focused study in an advanced area such as evidence-based public health intervention, public health preparedness or social marketing and behavior, among many other topics.
Select courses are offered in the late afternoons or evenings to accommodate working students, and several courses can be completed at Penn State’s University Park, Harrisburg, Great Valley, or World (online) campuses.
Upcoming Events in PHS
- Health Services and Behavioral Research Seminar: “The Impact of Integration on Outpatient Use and Spending in Medicare”
Dec 18, 2018
- Public Health Sciences Graduate Education: Winter Open House
Dec 18, 2018
- Epidemiology Seminar: “Women in Steady Exercise Research (WISER): latest results in exercise oncology”
Dec 19, 2018
- Create Your Career: Technology Transfer and Commercialization
Jan 11, 2019
- Lunch and Learn: LabLearner Info Session
Jan 14, 2019
More About Penn State College of Medicine
What's New in Public Health
Penn State College of Medicine strives to create the best culture of respect and inclusion for our students. A number of programs, services and facilities are available.
- Cognitive Skills Program
- Disability Services
- Harrell Health Sciences Library
- Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Office for a Respectful Learning Environment
- Simulation Center
- Student Health
- Student Mental Health and Counseling
Penn State College of Medicine offers housing in its University Manor East or University Manor West apartments to full-time students, residents, postdoctoral scholars and visiting scholars.
Life in Hershey, PA
Penn State College of Medicine is located in Hershey, Pa., home of HersheyPark, a family theme park, and The Hershey Co., one of the largest chocolate manufacturers in the world. It's also home to diverse and delicious dining experiences, sports, concerts and entertainment.