Training Postdoctoral Scholars & Fellows
The postdoctoral program at Penn State College of Medicine is designed to support the training and education of postdoctoral scholars and fellows, to promote postdoctoral research accomplishments across the University, and to foster a sense of community among our scholars.
Our Office of Postdoctoral Affairs helps meet all these goals through a variety of resources, workshops and programs.
Why Penn State College of Medicine?
Major Research University
Located in Hershey, part of a thriving metropolitan area in central Pennsylvania, Penn State College of Medicine is a major research university dedicated to advancing medical and scientific knowledge.
Research is a key component of our mission, and we focus on four core areas: basic science, translation, clinical and wellness research.
Range of Scientific Disciplines
Postdoctoral scholars in Microbiology & Immunology, Pharmacology, Cellular & Molecular Physiology, and other medical sciences choose the College of Medicine to continue their educational and professional training.
The Hershey campus is a part of Penn State, which has 450 postdoctoral scholars and fellows university-wide.
Approximately 70 postdoctoral scholars and fellows do their work at the Hershey campus.
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
The goals of the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs are to:
- Serve as a central resource of information for postdoctoral fellows and scholars
- Serve as a source of advocacy for postdoctoral issues and advance institutional initiatives concerning postdocs
- Develop and administer institutional policies for postdoctoral fellows and scholars
- Provide professional development and informational programs targeted to postdocs
- Provide resources for faculty engaged in postdoctoral training
- Be a national model for professional development of postdoctoral trainees
How We Support Postdocs
At the College of Medicine, you’ll have access to a range of resources to help make your experience as a postdoctoral scholar or fellow successful and rewarding.
Career development workshops, English language training, and social events are held throughout the year.
Our annual Data & Dine event offers postdoctoral scholars and fellows the opportunity to showcase their research and interact with faculty in a social setting.
Apply for a Postdoc
To find postdoctoral positions at Penn State College of Medicine:
- Go to psu.jobs and scroll to "Job Search."
- Under Job Location, select “College of Medicine at the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.”
- Under Job Type, select “Graduate Assistant / Post Doc Jobs.”
- Search for jobs and see the current available positions.
Join the Postdoctoral Society
The Penn State College of Medicine Postdoctoral Society works with the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs to represent the interests of postdoctoral scholars and fellows.
We’re always looking for new and motivated members to join us.
Our goal is to make our experience more enjoyable and to represent our population.
Attend an Event
- Webinar: 2021 K Grants Workshop Series
Mar 9, 2021 7:30 AM ESTWebconference
- Webinar: Research Operations and Administrative Rounds (ROAR) – Grants
Mar 9, 2021 9:00 AM ESTWebconference
- Conflict of Interest Review Committee Meeting
Mar 9, 2021 4:00 PM ESTVarious Locations