Leading the Way in Basic, Translational and Public Health Research
One of the founding missions of Penn State College of Medicine is to improve lives through research.
Every day in our labs, our classrooms and our clinical settings, people with a passion to better understand, prevent, diagnose, treat and cure human diseases are contributing to the future of health.
They ask questions; they test their assumptions. They try, they fail, and they try again.
They continually strive for answers.
College of Medicine faculty and staff secured a record $70 million in National Institutes of Health funding for the 2019-2020 academic year. Those dollars recognize the promise we hold to make scientific contributions that matter.
Learn More About Biomedical Sciences Research
Our Clinical Departments
- Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Family & Community Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
- Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Psychiatry and Behavioral Health
- Radiation Oncology