Welcome to Penn State Hershey Office of Faculty and Professional Development
The mission of the Office of Faculty and Professional Development is to support career and professional development across the academic continuum of the Penn State College of Medicine. A broad scope of programs are designed to benefit the whole academic community as well as to focus on the needs of particular groups.
The goals of the Office of Faculty and Professional Development are:
- To promote individual development and advancement through programs designed to build and expand professional skills and knowledge.
- To retain talented individuals within the College and Medical Center.
- To engender a culture of mentorship throughout the campus.
- To cultivate the next generation of academic leaders.
- To engage faculty, staff and students in outreach programs and public service.
- To reward and recognize faculty commitment to and excellence in education and outreach.
- To be a resource for professional development within the University and College.
- To create a national model for professional development programs within an academic health center.
- Hershey Community Garden vies for grant in online competition The Hershey Community Garden is a nominee for a grant from Seeds of Change, an organic seed company. In order to win a grant, the Community Garden needs the help of the entire Penn State Hershey community to vote. Click on this link to vote: http://www.seedsofchangegrant.com/TheGallery.aspxMore...
- Special lighting of the Crescent building recognizes upcoming occasions As part of an ongoing effort to reduce energy usage and operate in a more cost efficient and environmentally friendly manner, Penn State Hershey installed an LED lighting system to illuminate its signature Crescent building, replacing the original and less efficient facade lighting. This week, the building is lit in blue in honor of National Child Abuse Awareness Month.More...
- Presentation to explore the world of modern day slavery Penn State Hershey will host a presentation by advocacy group Women at Risk Int’l titled “Modern Day Slavery: Trafficking & Exploitation of Vulnerable Women” at noon April 23 in Lecture Room C.More...
- Pinwheel garden set up in recognition of Child Abuse Prevention Month April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month, a time to recognize that everyone can play a part in promoting the social and emotional well-being of children and families in the community. Over the last week, new decorations have popped up on the lawn of Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.More...