Welcome to Penn State Hershey Office of Faculty and Professional Development
The mission of the Office of Faculty and Professional Development is to support career and professional development across the academic continuum of the Penn State College of Medicine. A broad scope of programs are designed to benefit the whole academic community as well as to focus on the needs of particular groups.
The goals of the Office of Faculty and Professional Development are:
- To promote individual development and advancement through programs designed to build and expand professional skills and knowledge.
- To retain talented individuals within the College and Medical Center.
- To engender a culture of mentorship throughout the campus.
- To cultivate the next generation of academic leaders.
- To engage faculty, staff and students in outreach programs and public service.
- To reward and recognize faculty commitment to and excellence in education and outreach.
- To be a resource for professional development within the University and College.
- To create a national model for professional development programs within an academic health center.
- Photography series highlights Penn State Hershey support personnel While portraits of deans, department chairs and board members are often hung around campus, a series of photographs by Dr. Joseph Gascho highlights the importance of those not in the spotlight at Penn State Hershey.More...
- Motorcycle ride benefits Child Life Program at Hershey Organizers of the Helping Little Hands Motorcycle Ride recently presented Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital with $6,630, the proceeds of its second annual bike ride.More...
- Annual ‘Pay for Play’ event for Children’s Miracle Network begins Nov. 6 Nipsey, Earl David Reed and Jen Shade of WQXA-FM 105.7 the X’s "The People’s Morning Show" will host the 28-hour marathon “Pay for Play” broadcast from 6 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 6, through 9 a.m. Friday, Nov. 7.More...
- Children’s Hospital receives contributions from motorcycle enthusiasts Motorcycle enthusiasts from the Lancaster area visited Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital recently to deliver toys and $50,000 in contributions from their Central Pennsylvania Confederation of Motorcycle Clubs Ride.More...