Welcome to Penn State Hershey Office of Faculty and Professional Development
The mission of the Office of Faculty and Professional Development is to support career and professional development across the academic continuum of the Penn State College of Medicine. A broad scope of programs are designed to benefit the whole academic community as well as to focus on the needs of particular groups.
The goals of the Office of Faculty and Professional Development are:
- To promote individual development and advancement through programs designed to build and expand professional skills and knowledge.
- To retain talented individuals within the College and Medical Center.
- To engender a culture of mentorship throughout the campus.
- To cultivate the next generation of academic leaders.
- To engage faculty, staff and students in outreach programs and public service.
- To reward and recognize faculty commitment to and excellence in education and outreach.
- To be a resource for professional development within the University and College.
- To create a national model for professional development programs within an academic health center.
- Junior Faculty Development Program recognizes 2012-13 graduates On Thursday, May 30, 26 junior Penn State College of Medicine faculty and their mentors celebrated completion of the College of Medicine’s Junior Faculty Development Program, sponsored by the Office of Professional Development.More...
- Volunteers needed for acne study Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s Dr. Diane Thiboutot is testing the effectiveness of an investigational acne medication. Volunteers are needed for this study.More...
- Penn State Hershey nursing awards recognize leadership, exemplary practice In celebration of the 2013 National Nurses Week in May, the Department of Nursing and Chief Nursing Officer Sherry Kwater presented awards to several members of the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center nursing staff during the annual Nursing Awards Ceremony.More...
- Penn State Hershey expands in Elizabethtown Construction began on additional clinic space this month at the Penn State Hershey Medical Group-Elizabethtown location.More...