Welcome to Penn State Hershey Office of Faculty and Professional Development
The mission of the Office of Faculty and Professional Development is to support career and professional development across the academic continuum of the Penn State College of Medicine. A broad scope of programs are designed to benefit the whole academic community as well as to focus on the needs of particular groups.
The goals of the Office of Faculty and Professional Development are:
- To promote individual development and advancement through programs designed to build and expand professional skills and knowledge.
- To retain talented individuals within the College and Medical Center.
- To engender a culture of mentorship throughout the campus.
- To cultivate the next generation of academic leaders.
- To engage faculty, staff and students in outreach programs and public service.
- To reward and recognize faculty commitment to and excellence in education and outreach.
- To be a resource for professional development within the University and College.
- To create a national model for professional development programs within an academic health center.
- The Medical Minute: Children and hot cars a cause for deadly concern Nearly 700 children have lost their lives over the last 20 years in the United States as a result of being left in or playing in a hot car. At last count, the total in the U.S. this year is 18. National Heat Stroke Prevention Day is July 31.More...
- Crafting and racing Pinewood Derby cars at the Children’s Hospital Patients at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital and their families got to try their hand at crafting Pinewood Derby cars. The Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer, or AHF, brought Pinewood Derby kits to the hospital where children personalized their cars with stickers, markers and other materials.More...
- Parent to present at RQA Lecture on Aug. 13 The next Research Quality Assurance Lecture at Penn State Hershey will be presented by Dr. Leslie Parent, professor of medicine and microbiology and immunology; chief, Division of Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology; and co-director of the M.D./Ph.D. Program. She will present “Studying Viruses Using Microscopic Imaging, One Cell at a Time.”More...
- ACLS experienced provider course planned at Penn State Hershey Individuals who hold current ACLS certification and who work in acute care settings where they function as part of a code team on a regular basis may choose to renew their ACLS certification by attending the new ACLS EP Course at Penn State Hershey.More...