Welcome to Penn State Hershey Office of Faculty and Professional Development
The mission of the Office of Faculty and Professional Development is to support career and professional development across the academic continuum of the Penn State College of Medicine. A broad scope of programs are designed to benefit the whole academic community as well as to focus on the needs of particular groups.
The goals of the Office of Faculty and Professional Development are:
- To promote individual development and advancement through programs designed to build and expand professional skills and knowledge.
- To retain talented individuals within the College and Medical Center.
- To engender a culture of mentorship throughout the campus.
- To cultivate the next generation of academic leaders.
- To engage faculty, staff and students in outreach programs and public service.
- To reward and recognize faculty commitment to and excellence in education and outreach.
- To be a resource for professional development within the University and College.
- To create a national model for professional development programs within an academic health center.
- What they all have in common: A lot of heart Some of the 477 people who have received a new heart at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center over the past three decades gathered recently to celebrate their successes. Photos of the 2015 Heart Transplant Reunion capture the celebration.More...
- Promotions in academic rank, effective July 1, 2015 Following is a list of academic promotions for tenured and tenure-line faculty at Penn State, effective July 1.More...
- The Medical Minute: Cancer patients benefit from an active lifestyle When diagnosed with cancer, patients expect the standard treatments of chemotherapy, radiation and surgery. However, additional integrated therapies can address the needs of both body and mind when battling or recovering from cancer, as Jen Price, senior exercise physiologist at the Penn State Hershey University Fitness Center, explains.More...
- Incoming PA Program students receive white coats Penn State College of Medicine welcomed 30 new students into the Physician Assistant Program on May 19 at the annual White Coat Ceremony.More...