Welcome to Penn State Hershey Office of Faculty and Professional Development
The mission of the Office of Faculty and Professional Development is to support career and professional development across the academic continuum of the Penn State College of Medicine. A broad scope of programs are designed to benefit the whole academic community as well as to focus on the needs of particular groups.
The goals of the Office of Faculty and Professional Development are:
- To promote individual development and advancement through programs designed to build and expand professional skills and knowledge.
- To retain talented individuals within the College and Medical Center.
- To engender a culture of mentorship throughout the campus.
- To cultivate the next generation of academic leaders.
- To engage faculty, staff and students in outreach programs and public service.
- To reward and recognize faculty commitment to and excellence in education and outreach.
- To be a resource for professional development within the University and College.
- To create a national model for professional development programs within an academic health center.
- Parent named vice dean for research and graduate studies Dr. Leslie Parent, chief of Penn State College of Medicine’s Division of Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology, has been named vice dean for research and graduate studies for the College of Medicine and Medical Center, and associate vice president for research at Penn State University.More...
- The Medical Minute: How to know whether ice or heat will ease the pain To ice or not to ice -- that is the question. Or maybe the real issue is to heat or not to heat? Either way, whether you’re dealing with a one-time injury or chronic aches and pains, a few simple guidelines will help you know whether it’s best to bag some ice or get the trusty heating pad. Dr. Scott Lynch, director of sports medicine at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, says it’s all about blood flow. When you injure yourself, you should follow a prescription known as RICE – rest, ice, compression and elevation.More...
- Dress for Success honors Kathy Law with Partner in Success Award Dress for Success South Central PA, a program of Suits to Careers Inc., recently awarded its Partner in Success Award to Kathy Law, director of nursing periop services at Penn State Hershey Medical Center.More...
- Conquer Run 5-K at Hersheypark to benefit Four Diamonds Conquer Run 5-K, a competitive run and fun walk through Hersheypark that benefits Four Diamonds, is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 3. Discounted registration opens May 1.More...