Penn State Hershey Office of Faculty and Professional Development
The mission of the Office of Faculty and Professional Development is to support career and professional development across the academic continuum of the Penn State College of Medicine. A broad scope of programs are designed to benefit the whole academic community as well as to focus on the needs of particular groups.
The goals of the Office of Faculty and Professional Development are:
- To promote individual development and advancement through programs designed to build and expand professional skills and knowledge.
- To retain talented individuals within the College and Medical Center.
- To engender a culture of mentorship throughout the campus.
- To cultivate the next generation of academic leaders.
- To engage faculty, staff and students in outreach programs and public service.
- To reward and recognize faculty commitment to and excellence in education and outreach.
- To be a resource for professional development within the University and College.
- To create a national model for professional development programs within an academic health center.
- Medical Center demonstrates new psychiatric telemedicine program Through the use of new, secure technology, patients being treated in the emergency department at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center can now be seen more quickly by the hospital’s psychiatric specialists located at Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute in Harrisburg.More...
- Visiting faculty from Ghana learn best practices at College of Medicine Four Mountcrest University College faculty from Ghana are visiting Penn State College of Medicine for professional development.More...
- Promotions in academic rank, effective July 1, 2016 The following is a list of academic promotions for tenured and tenure-line faculty members at Penn State, effective July 1.More...
- Penn State announces fixed-term faculty promotions, effective July 1, 2016 Following is a list of fixed-term faculty promotions at Penn State, effective July 1.More...