Welcome to Penn State Hershey Office of Faculty and Professional Development
The mission of the Office of Faculty and Professional Development is to support career and professional development across the academic continuum of the Penn State College of Medicine. A broad scope of programs are designed to benefit the whole academic community as well as to focus on the needs of particular groups.
The goals of the Office of Faculty and Professional Development are:
- To promote individual development and advancement through programs designed to build and expand professional skills and knowledge.
- To retain talented individuals within the College and Medical Center.
- To engender a culture of mentorship throughout the campus.
- To cultivate the next generation of academic leaders.
- To engage faculty, staff and students in outreach programs and public service.
- To reward and recognize faculty commitment to and excellence in education and outreach.
- To be a resource for professional development within the University and College.
- To create a national model for professional development programs within an academic health center.
- The Medical Minute: Seniors often keep falls a secret Because maintaining an independent lifestyle is so important for some elderly individuals, they may keep it a secret when they fall.More...
- Applications being accepted for AFF funding at Penn State Hershey The Allocation Committee of the Association of Faculty and Friends (AFF) invites Penn State Hershey employees and students to apply for funding for programs that directly support the Medical Center and College of Medicine.More...
- Anatomy of an emergency: How Penn State Hershey prepares for issues like Ebola Ebola ranked dead last on most hospitals’ lists of “things to worry about” in early 2014. Now, Penn State Hershey Medical Center has been named one of 50 planned Ebola treatment centers in the nation. Learn how the designation has helped the hospital prepare for a range of public health emergencies.More...
- Class to focus on boosting metabolism, changing eating habits A new, free class for members of the Penn State Hershey University Fitness Center is aimed at helping participants improve their eating habits and boost their exercise routines.More...