How to Apply
Neuroscience MS Landing Hero with Page Title
Neuroscience MS How to Apply H2 Code
How Do I Apply to the Neuroscience MS Program?
Neuroscience MS Application Page Intro Row Copy with CTA
Penn State College of Medicine’s Neuroscience MS Program follows the application process for The Graduate School at Penn State.
All students must submit an application through The Graduate School.
Before applying, please be sure to read The Graduate School's admission requirements.
To be considered for admission, you must have an appropriate academic background, including a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) during the last two years (junior/senior) of a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university.
Your degree should be in a biological, physical or behavioral science, and you should have taken courses in biology, chemistry and mathematics. Neuroscience courses are desirable but not essential. Research experience is an advantage.
Neuroscience MS How to Apply Basic Article
The Neuroscience Graduate Program does not request or use GRE scores in our admissions process.
To complete your application through The Graduate School, please note the following:
- Campus: Select "Hershey Med Ctr."
- Major: Select "Neuroscience."
- Degree: Select "Masters of Science (MS)."
A complete application through The Graduate School should include:
- Completed online application
- Payment of the $65 application fee
- Copies of official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended, uploaded by the student (do not mail official transcripts unless specifically requested to do so)
- 3 letters of recommendation, uploaded through online application system by person writing the reference
- TOEFL/IELTS score (if applicable) - School Code 2660 - sent directly from the testing agency
- Personal statement including your reasons for applying to the program, research interests, research experience (not including lab courses), and future goals
- Resume or curriculum vitae
Formal applications for the master's program for domestic or international students must be received by April 1. All supporting documents (transcripts, references, etc.) must be received by April 15.
Admission to this program is for fall semester only.
Highly competitive applicants selected based on the materials in their completed application package are invited to interview with faculty members in the Neuroscience Graduate Program. Interviews will be conducted virtually in March and April.
If you have questions about the Neuroscience MS program, please contact Kristin E. Smith, MS, Director of Graduate Admissions, at email@example.com.