How Do I Apply to the Anatomy PhD Program?
Penn State College of Medicine’s Anatomy PhD Program follows the application process for The Graduate School at Penn State.
All students must submit an application through The Graduate School.
Before applying, please be sure to read The Graduate School's admission requirements.
A complete application through The Graduate School should include:
- Completed online application
- Payment of the $65 application fee
- Copies of official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended, uploaded by the student (do not mail official transcripts unless specifically requested to do so)
- 3 letters of recommendation, uploaded through online application system by person writing the reference
- TOEFL score (if applicable) - School Code 2660 - sent directly from the testing agency
- Personal statement including your reasons for applying to the program, research interests, research experience (not including lab courses), and future goals
- Resume or curriculum vitae
Formal applications for the doctoral program for domestic or international students must be received by Jan. 15.
Acceptance decisions are provided on a rolling basis.
Admission to this program is for fall semester only.
Highly competitive applicants selected based on the materials in their completed application package are invited to interview with faculty members in the Anatomy Graduate Program. Interviews are conducted remotelyin January and February.
Applicants in the United States visit in-person with expenses paid by the program. In addition to meeting with members of the program faculty, applicants also have an opportunity to interact with current graduate students.
This visit also provides applicants the opportunity to explore the College of Medicine campus and the Hershey area. Please note, students are required to participate in all interview-related activities.
Highly qualified international applicants are typically interviewed by Skype, giving them an opportunity to interact with several program faculty members.