This site serves as a resource for Penn State College of Medicine faculty, staff, students and postdocs as the college prepares to ramp back up its on-campus efforts. This site will serve as the most up-to-date, reliable information about coronavirus disease 2019, also known as COVID-19.
Current status: COM Phase 3
- All on-site personnel must follow safety guidance including universal masking.
- No more than 50% of a department or institute may be on site at any one time.
- Anyone whose work can be completed remotely should be working off-site.
- All seminars, group meetings and one-on-one meetings should be conducted remotely.
- Animals may be ordered and animal research restarted in accordance with the updated guidance for animal research found on the COVID-19 and Research website.
- All learners should contact their program leadership with questions. That can be done via this form: Submit a COVID-19 question
- Student Health: 717-531-5998
- University Employee Health: 814-863-8492
- Biosafety: 717-531-5573, 717-531-0003, ext. 289844 or BiosafetyOfficer@
- COM HR: askCOMHR@
All requests for media interviews should be made through the Office of Marketing and Communications.
Any Penn State Health/Penn State College of Medicine employee who is contacted by a member of the media should direct the media contact to reach Marketing and Communications by calling the following numbers:
College of Medicine COVID-19 response
From clinical trials of new potential treatments, to student projects supporting campus faculty and staff, to finding new ways to produce personal protective equipment, Penn State College of Medicine is committed to making a difference in the fight against COVID-19.