Developing Knowledge for Health-Related Research
Penn State's Master of Science in Clinical Research is a 30-credit degree program that provides the knowledge and insight required for careers in health-related research.
The program includes graduate-level course work in biostatistics, epidemiology and health services research, and provides knowledge and insight required in health related research.
Students learn population-based methods for planning, executing, analyzing and disseminating research results, and methods for evaluating and improving health care practices.
About the Program
Students in the Master of Science in Clinical Research program complete a series of core courses and electives, as well as a thesis research project.
Curriculum topics include:
- Scientific Communication
- Health Services Research
- Health Economics
- Research Ethics
- Decision Analysis
- Clinical Trials
Upcoming Events in PHS
- Webinar: Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Seminar – ‘Mediation analysis for survival data with high-dimensional mediators’
Sep 29, 2021 12:00 PM EDTWebconference
- Webinar: Teaching 101 for Graduate Students and Postdocs
Sep 29, 2021 4:00 PM EDTWebconference
- Webinar: Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Seminar – ‘Crude and Net Measures of Predictive Performance for Risk Prediction with Competing Risks Data’
Oct 6, 2021 12:00 PM EDTWebconference
More About Penn State College of Medicine
What's New in Public Health
Penn State College of Medicine strives to create the best culture of respect and inclusion for our students. A number of programs, services and facilities are available.
- Cognitive Skills Program
- Disability Services
- Diverse student groups
- Harrell Health Sciences Library
- Office for Culturally Responsive Health Care Education
- Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Office for Professional Mental Health
- Office for a Respectful Learning Environment
- Simulation Center
- Student Health
Penn State College of Medicine offers housing in its University Manor East or University Manor West apartments to full-time students, residents, postdoctoral scholars and visiting scholars.
Life in Hershey, PA
Penn State College of Medicine's primary campus is located in Hershey, Pa. The area provides numerous diverse and delicious dining experiences, sports, concerts and entertainment, and is a short drive away from the Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington, DC, metro areas.