Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Student Groups
Students at Penn State College of Medicine have an opportunity to connect with others through a number of diverse student groups.
These groups focus on aspects of diversity found on our campus, from LGBTQ+, underrepresented racial/ethnic minority groups, gender, military status, first-generation graduate and international students, and more. Each of these organizations hosts educational and social events throughout the year.
- American Medical Women’s Association
- Disability Advocacy and Awareness Group
- Graduate Women in Science
- Jewish Union of Medical Professionals
- Latino Medical Student Association
- Multicultural Awareness Club
- Military Medicine Interest Group
- Penn State College of Medicine Pride
- Penn State College of Medicine PULSE
- Student National Medical Association
- Student Veterans of America
In addition, a Diverse Graduate Student Group and a Muslim Student Association are being formed.
Most of these organizations are open to all students of the College of Medicine; some apply only to specific groups, such as MD students.
Some groups may also have membership requirements set by their individual national guidelines, but participation on the college campus is open to all students.
For details on these student groups, including their missions, current initiatives, past events and membership guidelines, contact the Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at firstname.lastname@example.org.