Welcome to Penn State Technology Development
- Facilitating translation of innovative research into new products and services
- Fostering university start-up companies
- Providing education on entrepreneurship, innovation and commercialization to students and faculty
- Enabling constructive, responsible exchange of materials and ideas with outside partners
- Assisting with access to Penn State College of Medicine and Penn State Hershey Medical Center expertise
What is the Innovation Café?
The Innovation Café is an exciting focal point for expanding and sustaining the entrepreneurial ecosystem of Central Pennsylvania, including:
- Recurring networking forums featuring high-profile guest speakers discussing industry innovations, business trends, and regulation, and its impact on the life sciences sector.
- Featured company speakers highlighting start-up activity and introducing regional stakeholders to entrepreneurs, intellectual capital, and commercialization opportunities.
- A platform to engage with investors, entrepreneurial faculty, talented students and industry professionals committed to creating a vibrant start-up community.
Join us for the next Innovation Cafe which will be held on
Wednesday, May 8th , 2013
at Penn State Hershey University Conference Center
with guest speaker
Michael Wolf, Acting Secretary, Pennsylvania Department of Health
Register at: http://innovationcafe3.eventbrite.com/
What is Techcelerator?
Are you playing around with a new technology or business idea? Not sure of the right path to take with your technology? Consider applying to the Ben Franklin Techcelerator Program.
Techcelerator is a business mentoring service program targeted at early stage entrepreneurs run through Ben Franklin Technology Partners and the Harrisburg Regional Chamber and Capital Region Economic Development Corporation. Beginning in February of 2013 the program will run out of Penn State Hershey at the Hershey Center for Applied Research.
Why join the Techcelerator Program?
As part of the program, start-ups will receive:
- On-site, one-on-one business mentors
- Financial assistance with start-up issues such as legal and accounting
- Market research activities
- Weekly group sessions on business start-up topics
- Presentations from program graduates
If you are interested in commercialization, you should consider applying to participate in this program which focuses on pre-launch and market research activities. In addition, those who successfully complete the program will be eligible to compete for seed money to jumpstart their business and pitch their idea to a panel of investors.
4 Week Boot Camp begins February 20, 2013
*NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS*
To apply please visit: http://techcelerator4week.eventbrite.com/
8 Week Boot Camp begins March 27, 2013
For more information or to apply to the Techcelerator Program please contact Tech_Dev_Events@hmc.psu.edu
To view the video of our events, lectures and seminars, click the links below:
Innovation Cafe Presentations
- Innovation Cafe (June 14, 2012)
- Innovation Cafe (April 24, 2012)
- Innovation Cafe (March 5, 2012)
- Innovation Cafe (January 11, 2012)
Ideas in Innovation Series
- Innovation Partnership Information Session (January 8, 2013)
- What is Big Pharma Looking for? (June 12, 2012)
- KeraFAST - Have You Developed Research Tools Other Scientists May Need? (May 17, 2012)
- Invention Disclosure: Timing Is Everything! (April 3, 2012)
Developing an Idea into a Product (February 7, 2012)
- IDE Group PowerPoint Presentation (Developing an Idea into a Product)
- Patent Law Reform Presentation (November 15, 2011)