Penn State Hershey Pediatric Allergy and Immunology provides consultations to physicians and care to infants, children, and adolescents with asthma, allergic conditions, or immunologic disorders. In addition to physicians, the team includes nurse specialists, nutritionists, social workers, and respiratory therapists. Its philosophy involves a multidisciplinary approach to care, with intensive education and training at the time of diagnosis and re-evaluation.
Inpatient and outpatient consultation and care are available for children with a wide range of allergic, immunologic, and respiratory disorders.
Diagnostic studies include skin testing and pulmonary function testing. Desensitization for allergies is available.
- Alexandra Horwitz, M.D., talks with Fox News about a new study on food allergies.
- Tracy Fausnight, M.D., discusses food allergies in children.
- Tracy Fausnight, M.D., describes testing and diagnosing food allergies in children.
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology - AAAI.org
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology - ACAAI.org
- The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network
- Immune Deficiency Foundation
Food Allergy Information
To make an appointment, please call our CareLine at 717-531-6955 or toll-free 800-243-1455.
- The art of medicine: Medical students learn communication from the masters Imagine trying to paint a copy of one of Vincent van Gogh’s or Claude Monet's works — without being able to look at it. Instead you can ask a partner short, close-ended questions and do your best. That was one of the challenges students faced as part of the class “Impressionism and the Art of Communication.” The monthlong class, which Dr. Michael Flanagan taught for the first time in January, gives Penn State College of Medicine students a chance to approach what they’re learning from a new direction.More...
- Valentine’s Day concert set for Feb. 14 at Pasquerilla Spiritual Center The Pennsylvania Centre Orchestra will present a special Valentine’s Day concert titled “Music for the Heart” at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 14, at the Pasquerilla Spiritual Center on Penn State’s University Park campus. Dr. Paul Haidet, director of medical education research at the Penn State College of Medicine will present a free pre-concert lecture — “The Health Benefits of Music” — one hour before the show.More...
- National Wear Red Day observed at Penn State Hershey On Friday, Feb. 5, Penn State Hershey faculty and staff donned red in recognition of National Wear Red Day.More...
- Penn State Harrisburg launches Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Penn State President Eric Barron and University officials joined with David Black, president and CEO of the Harrisburg Regional Chamber and CREDC, to launch the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Penn State Harrisburg. The center will enhance the entrepreneurial environment in Central Pennsylvania and encourage students, faculty and community members to transform their intellectual property and creative works into local businesses and industries.More...