Penn State Health Pediatric Allergy and Immunology provides consultations to physicians and care to infants, children, and adolescents with asthma, allergic conditions, or immunologic disorders. In addition to physicians, the team includes nurse specialists, nutritionists, social workers, and respiratory therapists. Its philosophy involves a multidisciplinary approach to care, with intensive education and training at the time of diagnosis and re-evaluation.
Inpatient and outpatient consultation and care are available for children with a wide range of allergic, immunologic, and respiratory disorders.
Diagnostic studies include skin testing and pulmonary function testing. Desensitization for allergies is available.
- Alexandra Horwitz, M.D., talks with Fox News about a new study on food allergies.
- Tracy Fausnight, M.D., discusses food allergies in children.
- Tracy Fausnight, M.D., describes testing and diagnosing food allergies in children.
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology - AAAI.org
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology - ACAAI.org
- The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network
- Immune Deficiency Foundation
Food Allergy Information
To make an appointment, please call our CareLine at 717-531-6955 or toll-free 800-243-1455.
- Gomez and Hafenstein awarded collaborative grant to study virus structures Esther Gomez, assistant professor of chemical engineering and biomedical engineering in Penn State’s College of Engineering, and Susan Hafenstein, associate professor of medicine and microbiology and immunology in Penn State’s College of Medicine, have been awarded one of two Grace Woodward Grants for Collaborative Research in Engineering and Medicine for the 2016-17 project period.More...
- Physicians help develop national treatment guidelines for pancreatic cancer Practice guidelines for physicians treating a wide range of diseases have become a frequently used, if not required tool, for every physician in daily medical practice.More...
- The Medical Minute: Disease causes tumors to form on nerve tissue Although neurofibromatosis (NF) is not commonly discussed, it affects more than 2 million people worldwide. According to the Children’s Tumor Foundation, NF is more common than cystic fibrosis, Duchenne muscular dystrophy and Huntington’s disease combined.More...
- Innovation Cafe is about connections and advancing ideas Innovation and music may not be an obvious connection, but it created perfect harmony at Penn State’s latest Innovation Cafe, a networking program organized by the Penn State College of Medicine’s Office of Technology Development.More...