Penn State Health Pediatric Allergy and Immunology provides consultations to physicians and care to infants, children, and adolescents with asthma, allergic conditions, or immunologic disorders. In addition to physicians, the team includes nurse specialists, nutritionists, social workers, and respiratory therapists. Its philosophy involves a multidisciplinary approach to care, with intensive education and training at the time of diagnosis and re-evaluation.
Inpatient and outpatient consultation and care are available for children with a wide range of allergic, immunologic, and respiratory disorders.
Diagnostic studies include skin testing and pulmonary function testing. Desensitization for allergies is available.
- Alexandra Horwitz, M.D., talks with Fox News about a new study on food allergies.
- Tracy Fausnight, M.D., discusses food allergies in children.
- Tracy Fausnight, M.D., describes testing and diagnosing food allergies in children.
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology - AAAI.org
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology - ACAAI.org
- The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network
- Immune Deficiency Foundation
Food Allergy Information
To make an appointment, please call our CareLine at 717-531-6955 or toll-free 800-243-1455.
- Penn State Stroke Center again earns highest level of designation The Penn State Stroke Center has once again earned a designation that recognizes the high level of care it provides to patients with the most severe and challenging types of strokes. Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in central Pennsylvania.More...
- Patients with atrial fibrillation offered hope by new implantable device People with atrial fibrillation are most commonly treated with long-term use of blood-thinning medications to reduce the risk of a stroke. But a newly approved device now being implanted by physicians at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center offers many of those patients hope that they may be able to discontinue use of blood-thinners.More...
- Graduate student excellence celebrated at awards luncheon Penn State President Eric Barron presented 11 awards to more than 30 graduate students in recognition of outstanding achievement during the inaugural Graduate Student Awards Luncheon held April 27 at the Nittany Lion Inn.More...
- University honors graduate students with Professional Master’s Excellence Award Four Penn State graduate students received the Professional Master’s Excellence Award. The award recognizes outstanding achievement in a professional master’s degree program, in any discipline, based upon the student’s academic record in the graduate program and the quality and impact of the student’s culminating experience, including creative works, performance, and projects conducted in a professional setting.More...