Penn State Hershey Pediatric Allergy and Immunology provides consultations to physicians and care to infants, children, and adolescents with asthma, allergic conditions, or immunologic disorders. In addition to physicians, the team includes nurse specialists, nutritionists, social workers, and respiratory therapists. Its philosophy involves a multidisciplinary approach to care, with intensive education and training at the time of diagnosis and re-evaluation.
Inpatient and outpatient consultation and care are available for children with a wide range of allergic, immunologic, and respiratory disorders.
Diagnostic studies include skin testing and pulmonary function testing. Desensitization for allergies is available.
To make an appointment, please call our CareLine at 717-531-6955 or toll-free 800-243-1455.
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology - AAAI.org
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology - ACAAI.org
- The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network
- Immune Deficiency Foundation
Food Allergy Information
- Baked Egg Challenge Protocol
- Baked Milk Challenge Protocol
- Baked Egg Cupcake - Cake
- Baked Milk Cupcake - Cake
- Baked Egg Muffins
- Walnut Snowball Cookies
- Dietary Guidance - Baked-Heated Egg
- Dietary Guidance - Baked-Heated Milk
- Saunders named chair of psychiatry Dr. Erika Saunders has been named chair of the Department of Psychiatry. Saunders, who has served as interim psychiatry chair since December, is director of the Mood Disorders Program and is an associate professor of psychiatry.More...
- Shapiro to serve as vice dean for faculty and administrative affairs Dan Shapiro, has been named vice dean for faculty and administrative affairs at Penn State College of Medicine. Shapiro, currently chair of the Department of Humanities, will continue in that role as he also serves in the vice dean position.More...
- Play in Hershey to explore end-of-life decisions Drifting is a play about how siblings – one in a coma – communicate beyond the mind and the senses, making it possible to say goodbye. Performances are scheduled for Friday, May 1, and Saturday, May 2, at the Hershey Area Playhouse, 830 Cherry Drive, Hershey, Pennsylvania. A “talk back” with clinicians from Penn State Hershey Medical Center will follow the play.More...
- Ozone air pollution could impact fertility Many urban and suburban areas have high levels of ground-level ozone, an air pollutant that can adversely affect lung and heart health. New research in mice suggests breathing high levels of ozone could also affect women’s ability to conceive.More...