Penn State Hershey Pediatric Allergy and Immunology provides consultations to physicians and care to infants, children, and adolescents with asthma, allergic conditions, or immunologic disorders. In addition to physicians, the team includes nurse specialists, nutritionists, social workers, and respiratory therapists. Its philosophy involves a multidisciplinary approach to care, with intensive education and training at the time of diagnosis and re-evaluation.
Inpatient and outpatient consultation and care are available for children with a wide range of allergic, immunologic, and respiratory disorders.
Diagnostic studies include skin testing and pulmonary function testing. Desensitization for allergies is available.
- Alexandra Horwitz, M.D., talks with Fox News about a new study on food allergies.
- Tracy Fausnight, M.D., discusses food allergies in children.
- Tracy Fausnight, M.D., describes testing and diagnosing food allergies in children.
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology - AAAI.org
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology - ACAAI.org
- The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network
- Immune Deficiency Foundation
Food Allergy Information
To make an appointment, please call our CareLine at 717-531-6955 or toll-free 800-243-1455.
- Innovative social media program designed to keep HIV-affected people healthy Dr. John Zurlo saw his first AIDS patients during his internal medicine residency training in 1984. Today, as director of the infectious diseases training program, he still spends much of his time providing care to those with HIV -- the virus that leads to AIDS.More...
- Six Penn State Researchers named AAAS Fellows Six Penn State faculty members have been named Fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the organization announced November 23, 2015.More...
- Lower availability of omega-3 fatty acids associated with bipolar disorder People with bipolar disorder have lower levels of certain omega-3 fatty acids that cross the blood-brain barrier than people who do not, according to researchers from Penn State College of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health.More...
- Lehigh Valley student delivers treats, Thanksgiving cheer to children's hospital Penn State Lehigh Valley freshman Michael Healy biked more than six hours from the Lehigh Valley campus to Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital to spread some Thanksgiving cheer.More...