Welcome to the Academic Home of the Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation where we are committed to advancing our field through scientific discovery and education.
If you are looking for information on Musculoskeletal Disorders or Patient Care, please refer to the Bone and Joint Institute or Spine Center.
Read and subscribe to the Ortho Report blog
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in orthopedic news. Penn State Hershey Ortho Report publishes articles by our orthopaedic staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Winter 2013 articles
- Combined Use of the Ilizarov Technique and Taylor Spatial Frame in Severe Lower Extremity Trauma
- Exploring Genetic Factors in Impaired Bone Healing
- Prevention and Optimal Treatment of Infected Total Joint Arthroplasty
- Needle Aponeurotomy: A Nonsurgical, Minimally Invasive Approach Toward Duputyren's Contracture
Fall 2012 articles
- Bariatric surgery restores nerve cell properties altered by diet Understanding how gastric bypass surgery changes the properties of nerve cells that help regulate the digestive system could lead to new treatments that produce the same results without surgery, according to Penn State College of Medicine scientists, who have shown how surgery restores some properties of nerve cells that tell people their stomachs are full.More...
- Penn State College of Medicine awarded $1 million AMA grant Penn State College of Medicine has been awarded a prestigious $1 million grant by the American Medical Association as part of a program aimed at transforming the way the physicians of tomorrow are trained.More...
- Penn State Hershey entrepreneurs win first 'startup boot camp' awards Dr. Joseph Sassani, ophthalmologist at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and professor of ophthalmology and pathology at Penn State College of Medicine, is the winner of The TechCelerator@Hershey’s inaugural Eight Week Boot Camp program for promising entrepreneurs.More...
- Collaborative Hershey and University Park medical service trip This spring brought the first collaborative spring break service trip for University Park undergraduates and Hershey medical students and physicians.More...