Welcome to Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute fosters collaboration among the neuroscience-related departments and divisions within Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine.
Our mission is to:
- Assure excellence in basic and clinical research studies that increase our understanding of the normal and diseased brain.
- Promote the translation of research findings into new treatments for neurological disease.
- Improve the care of patients with neurological and neurobehavioral diseases.
- Provide a rich intellectual environment that enhances the educational experience in all neuroscience disciplines.
- Medical Center receives national recognition for Advanced Stroke Care
- Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute Specialists named in Best Doctors® in America.
- Congratulations to graduate students Ahmed Alkhateeb (Ph.D. Program, Cell & Molecular Biology), Fatima Ali-Rahmani (Ph.D. Program, Molecular Medicine), and Cody Weston (M.D./Ph.D. Program, Neuroscience) on being awarded the Graduate Alumni Endowed Scholarship. Ali-Rahmani also received an alumni scholarship from the class of 1971. Earlier in 2012, Alkhateeb also received the Outstanding Dissertation award in Life Sciences - a Penn State wide competition. These awards, coupled with the CTSA scholarship that Xiaowei (Bill) Su won earlier in the year, represent the outstanding achievements of our neuroscience graduate students.
Experts and patients discuss brain tumor diagnosis, treatment and recovery
Stroke Survivor stories
Patients and Physicians discuss the latest treatments of back pain and spinal injuries
Discovering Treatment Options for Essential Tremors
Experts and patients discuss the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of carotid artery disease
Restless Leg Syndrome
- The Medical Minute: Genetic testing for breast cancer risk Dr. Rena Kass, director of Penn State Hershey Breast Center, said actress Angelina Jolie’s announcement regarding her double mastectomy is great publicity that will raise awareness about the genetic component of many cancers.More...
- CLIMB program puts families dealing with cancer first Penn State Hershey is hosting another session of CLIMB: Children’s Lives Include Moments of Bravery. Developed by the Children’s Treehouse Foundation, this five-week program sponsored by Penn State Hershey Breast Center addresses the psychosocial aspects of cancer as they relate to the family unit.More...
- Farmers Market in Hershey launches fourth season On Thursday, May 23, the Farmers Market in Hershey will return for its fourth season with plenty of new offerings.More...
- Penn State Hershey experts to present on IBD In an effort to help patients living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis in central Pennsylvania, Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center experts, led by Dr. Walter Koltun, will host a patient symposium.More...