Welcome to Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute fosters collaboration among the neuroscience-related departments and divisions within Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine.
Our mission is to:
- Assure excellence in basic and clinical research studies that increase our understanding of the normal and diseased brain.
- Promote the translation of research findings into new treatments for neurological disease.
- Improve the care of patients with neurological and neurobehavioral diseases.
- Provide a rich intellectual environment that enhances the educational experience in all neuroscience disciplines.
WGAL Live Web Chat – April 22, 2014 from Noon-1:00 p.m.
In other news
- Medical Center receives national recognition for Advanced Stroke Care
- Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute Specialists named in Best Doctors® in America.
- Congratulations to graduate students Ahmed Alkhateeb (Ph.D. Program, Cell & Molecular Biology), Fatima Ali-Rahmani (Ph.D. Program, Molecular Medicine), and Cody Weston (M.D./Ph.D. Program, Neuroscience) on being awarded the Graduate Alumni Endowed Scholarship. Ali-Rahmani also received an alumni scholarship from the class of 1971. Earlier in 2012, Alkhateeb also received the Outstanding Dissertation award in Life Sciences - a Penn State wide competition. These awards, coupled with the CTSA scholarship that Xiaowei (Bill) Su won earlier in the year, represent the outstanding achievements of our neuroscience graduate students.
Experts and patients discuss brain tumor diagnosis, treatment and recovery
Stroke Survivor stories
Patients and Physicians discuss the latest treatments of back pain and spinal injuries
Discovering Treatment Options for Essential Tremors
Experts and patients discuss the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of carotid artery disease
Restless Leg Syndrome
- Prominent oncologist to take leadership role in State College Dr. Edward Balaban has accepted an appointment as medical director of Cancer Care Partnership, a partnership of Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute and Mount Nittany Health, in State College, effective Aug. 1.More...
- Pediatrician joins Network on Child Protection and Well-Being Kent Hymel says that joining Penn State’s Network on Child Protection and Well-Being will enable him to fulfill professional goals that he cannot achieve anywhere else. The resources and collaborative opportunities with the University’s child maltreatment experts were too good to pass up.More...
- Sporting Clays event raises $68,000 for CMN The 18th annual Sporting Clays Charity Event raised more than $68,000 for Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.More...
- Superhero Dash for Diabetes planned for April 12 It's time for the 10th annual Dash for Diabetes 5K run/1 mile walk hosted by the Family Medicine Interest Group of Penn State College of Medicine. This year's event honors a "decade of dashing" with a superhero-themed race to be held at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, April 12, on the East Health campus at Penn State Hershey.More...