Welcome to the Penn State Hershey Institutional Review Board and Human Subjects Protection Office
The mission of the Penn State College of Medicine Institutional Review Board (IRB) is to advocate for the rights and welfare of human research participants and to promote high quality research by fostering an institutional culture embodying the highest ethical standards of human research. More…
Penn State’s Human Research Protection Programs have been successful in obtaining re-accreditation by the Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs. Penn State was awarded the status of full accreditation for a five-year period, effective March 12. More...
HSPO Updates and Announcements
- November 2013 - HSPO Update
- CATS-IRB Roll Out
- Consent Form Template Update
- Protocol Template Updates
- New Process for Requesting Protocol Exceptions
- September 2013 - HSPO Update
- Policy Reminder - Reportable New Information
- IRB Workshops Available
- July 2013 - HSPO Update
- IRB Review Delays
- New Policy - Reportable New Information
- Scientific Review Requirement for Research
- No Text Zone launch event held at Lebanon Valley College Texting while driving kills thousands of people and seriously injures many others each year. This week, Lebanon Valley College joined in the fight against distracted driving at an event that brought the No Text Zone campaign to the LVC campus.More...
- New Head and Neck Cancer Support Group starts April 27 The head and neck cancer team at Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute will host the inaugural Head and Neck Cancer Support Group from 2 to 3 p.m. Sunday, April 27, at the University Conference Center, Room 302A, on the Penn State Hershey campus.More...
- April is National Donate Life Month It’s a fact that one person can save the lives of up to eight others and improve the lives of many more through organ, eye, and tissue donation.More...
- Adult Cochlear Implant Support Group to meet on May 8 May is Better Speech and Hearing Month. Celebrate May by helping people communicate better. The Penn State Hershey Departments of Otolaryngology and Audiology will host the Adult Cochlear Implant Support Group meeting on May 8.More...