Welcome to Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute
Heart disease is the leading cause of death of men and women in the United States. It is important to talk with your physician about your risk factors for developing cardiovascular disease and creating a plan to help decrease the risk factors that you can control. If you are not sure if you are at risk for developing cardiovascular disease, take our on-line risk assessment.
Experts Available for Educational Talks. Presentations on a wide range of cardiovascular topics are now available through our new outreach initiative. Whether it's a formal program awarding continuing education credit, or a more casual presentation to primary care physicians or community groups, our goal is to provide current information that is appropriate in any setting.
For comments or questions about the website please contact us at PSHVIweb@hmc.psu.edu
- The Medical Minute: Are New Statin Guidelines Cause for Concern?
- What's So Bad About Trans Fats?
- Project Health: Tips for Lowering Sodium While Eating Out
- Project Health: Potential Signs of Atrial Fibrillation
- The Medical Minute: Pumps and Pacers—A heart device primer
- The Medical Minute: Heart Health Tips for Your Valentine
- The Medical Minute: A Simple Guide to Heart Healthy Eating
- Best Doctors in America
- Penn State Hershey Heart Failure Program Receives Joint Commission Certification
Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute's (PSHVI) heart failure program has earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ for health care quality from The Joint Commission. Click to learn more
- Penn State Hershey Ventricular Assist Device Receives Joint Commission Certification
Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute's (PSHVI) has earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ for Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) from The Joint Commission.
View videos to learn more about Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute services, physicians, patients, and facilities.
Current videos include CPR technique demonstration, ECMO patient interviews, and the story of the first patient in Pennsylvania to go home with a total artificial heart.
- New network unites university health care research Four major health institutions, including Penn State College of Medicine, have jointly received nearly $7 million to develop and expand a health data research network.More...
- PRO Wellness Center awarded nearly $2 million by PA Department of Health Penn State Hershey PRO Wellness Center has received nearly $2 million from the Pennsylvania Department of Health to facilitate programs focused on healthy eating and exercise in 15 school districts (81 schools) across the commonwealth.More...
- Penn State Hershey exceeds ‘For the Future’ campaign goal Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has surpassed the $300 million goal of its most ambitious fundraising initiative to date, raising $306,476,284 in private support.More...
- Football team visits Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital Core value No. 1 for Penn State Football is ensuring that every member of the program has a positive attitude at all times. When the entire team boarded three buses on Wednesday (July 23) afternoon, head coach James Franklin and the Nittany Lions set out on a mission to make a visit to Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital one filled with positivity and enthusiasm.More...