Welcome to Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute
Heart disease is the leading cause of death of men and women in the United States. It is important to talk with your physician about your risk factors for developing cardiovascular disease and creating a plan to help decrease the risk factors that you can control. If you are not sure if you are at risk for developing cardiovascular disease, take our on-line risk assessment.
Experts Available for Educational Talks. Presentations on a wide range of cardiovascular topics are now available through our new outreach initiative. Whether it's a formal program awarding continuing education credit, or a more casual presentation to primary care physicians or community groups, our goal is to provide current information that is appropriate in any setting.
For comments or questions about the website please contact us at PSHVIweb@hmc.psu.edu
- The Medical Minute: Are New Statin Guidelines Cause for Concern?
- What's So Bad About Trans Fats?
- Project Health: Tips for Lowering Sodium While Eating Out
- Project Health: Potential Signs of Atrial Fibrillation
- The Medical Minute: Pumps and Pacers—A heart device primer
- The Medical Minute: Heart Health Tips for Your Valentine
- The Medical Minute: A Simple Guide to Heart Healthy Eating
- Best Doctors in America
- Penn State Hershey Heart Failure Program Receives Joint Commission Certification
Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute's (PSHVI) heart failure program has earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ for health care quality from The Joint Commission. Click to learn more
- Penn State Hershey Ventricular Assist Device Receives Joint Commission Certification
Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute's (PSHVI) has earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ for Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) from The Joint Commission.
View videos to learn more about Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute services, physicians, patients, and facilities.
Current videos include CPR technique demonstration, ECMO patient interviews, and the story of the first patient in Pennsylvania to go home with a total artificial heart.
- Tobacco Intervention Program at Penn State Hershey Penn State Hershey Medical Center’s Tobacco Intervention Program, or TIP, support group meets from 6:30 to 8 p.m. every Monday evening at the University Conference Center on the Penn State Hershey campus. The free group sessions guide participants from decision-making to quitting through relapse prevention. Interested individuals should call 1-800-243-1455 to register and for directions.More...
- Program to fund physician scientists at Penn State Hershey Penn State Hershey is launching the Physician-Scientist Recruitment Initiative to address the decreasing number of clinicians conducting biomedical research. Physicians bring a unique perspective to scientific questions on public health because of their experience with patients.More...
- Miracle Marathon to benefit CMN at Penn State Hershey The Miracle Marathon, a wellness challenge to benefit Children’s Miracle Network at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, will take place from Sept. 16 to Oct. 12.More...
- Nominations being accepted for 2015 Woodward Lecturer The Woodward Endowment for Medical Science Education Steering Committee at Penn State Hershey is calling for nominations for the 2015 Woodward Lecturer, who will present the keynote address during the EdVenture Education Celebration next spring.More...