Welcome to Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute
Heart disease is the leading cause of death of men and women in the United States. It is important to talk with your physician about your risk factors for developing cardiovascular disease and creating a plan to help decrease the risk factors that you can control. If you are not sure if you are at risk for developing cardiovascular disease, take our on-line risk assessment.
Experts Available for Educational Talks. Presentations on a wide range of cardiovascular topics are now available through our new outreach initiative. Whether it's a formal program awarding continuing education credit, or a more casual presentation to primary care physicians or community groups, our goal is to provide current information that is appropriate in any setting.
For comments or questions about the website please contact us at PSHVIweb@hmc.psu.edu
- Palmyra man is first in PA to go home with total artificial heart
- Holy Spirit Cardiovascular Institute and Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute Sign Collaborative Surgery Agreement
- Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute is proud to partner with the American Heart Association and the Go Red for Women campaign.
- Expanded services in Hanover. Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute opened a new outpatient office in the Hillside Medical Center in Hanover.
- Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute welcomes Barry Clemson, M.D., to the heart failure team.
- The Journey of an IVC Filter - from Life-saving to Life Altering - read one woman's story that brought her from South Dakota to Penn State Hershey.
- Best Doctors in America
- Penn State Hershey Heart Failure Program Receives Joint Commission Certification
Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute's (PSHVI) heart failure program has earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ for health care quality from The Joint Commission. Click to learn more
- Penn State Hershey Ventricular Assist Device Receives Joint Commission Certification
Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute's (PSHVI) has earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ for Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) from The Joint Commission.
View videos to learn more about Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute services, physicians, patients, and facilities.
Current videos include CPR technique demonstration, ECMO patient interviews, and the story of the first patient in Pennsylvania to go home with a total artificial heart.
- Vaginally administered ED medication may alleviate menstrual cramping Women with moderate to severe menstrual cramps may find relief in a class of erectile dysfunction drugs, according to a team of researchers led by Penn State College of Medicines Richard Legro.More...
- This week is Inflammatory Bowel Disease Awareness Week Dec. 1-7 is National Crohn’s and Colitis Awareness Week. The Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center is the only multi-disciplinary program in the region for patients living with these diseases.More...
- Progress in Personalized Medicine at Penn State The next Research Quality Assurance Lunchtime Lecture is “Progress in Personalized Medicine at Penn State.” It will be presented by James R. Broach, professor and chair, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, director, Penn State Hershey Institute for Personalized Medicine.More...
- Radiology education professor Flemming to present as distinguished educator A Conversation with Distinguished Educators will be held at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11, in C4702 (Physiology Conference Room) on the Penn State College of Medicine campus. Dr. Donald Flemming, G. Victor Rohrer Professor of Radiology Education and vice chair for education, will present “The Challenges of Defining and Assessing Competency.”More...