LVAD Basics-What You Need to Know
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
Click here for brochure
Registration is open
Penn State Hershey ePass User
Non-Penn State Hershey User
COMPASS User Guide
Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2015
Where: Penn State Hershey Medical Center University Conference Center
Sessions offered: Two sessions offered on same day at 7:30 am – 11:30am and Noon – 4:00 pm
The Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute is providing free educational session that include didactic and hands on training related to the care of Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) patients in community based medical settings. These sessions are intended for RN, LPNs, Medical Assistants, EMT, Paramedics and other medical team members from settings including Emergency Medical Services in the field, Long-term Acute Care Facilities and SNIF. Continuing Education Credits (1 PSNA and 1 CME) will be provided for completion of this training session.
There is no cost for this program.
Registration maintained by CME
Repeating Agenda (7:30am-11:30 & Noon-4:00pm)
7:30-8am / Noon-12:30pm Registration
8am-9am/12:30-1:30pm Introduction Lecture 1 hour
9:00-9:15/ 1:30-1:45 Break
Rotating Stations (30 minutes each)
- Heartmate II power sources/ controller
- Heartware power sources/controller
- Dressing change
- Basic Care/Emergency Care
- Demonstrate how to change the controller on Heartware and Heartmate II devices
- Demonstrate how to change power sources on Heartware and Heartmate II devices
- Demonstrate how to perform an LVAD drive line dressing change
- Demonstrate LVAD hemodynamics
- Identify LVAD basic indications/contraindications, components, and goal of therapy
- Discuss the elements of daily routine care and lifestyle changes care associated with a patient living with an LVAD
- Identify unique elements of emergency care and appropriate interventions
9th Annual Penn State Hershey Vascular Ultrasound Symposium
Harrisburg- Hershey Sheraton Hotel
May 2, 2015
Join us for a day of networking and education in the mid-state!
Registration is now OPEN.
Includes 6.5 Category 1 AMA PRA CME credits
Heather Gornick, MD, RVT, RPVI
Recognizing Fibromuscular Dysplasia in the Vascular Laboratory
*TIPS FOR REGISTRATION*
- Password must include 1 Capital, 1 number, 1 special character – 8 total.
- Students must use the coupon code at check out (B5653MC) to receive the reduced registration fee. You will need to provide verification of student status.
- Physicians and Allied health must choose an occupation during registration to determine appropriate pricing and credits earned.
- When using credit card - use address associated with credit card.
-Registration assistance 717-531-6483 – Email ContinuingEd@hmc.psu.edu