In addition to the Master of Science degree, and the Ph.D., the College of Medicine offers post-baccalaureate credit certificate programs. These graduate certificates recognize the completion of a proscribed set of courses that focus upon an area of specialized knowledge or information.
For individuals looking for advanced training in clinical research, the College of Medicine offers a Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research.
For individuals interested in advanced education in public health preparedness, in addition to the Intercollege Master of Professional Studies in Homeland Security (Public Health Preparedness Option), the College of Medicine also offers a related online Graduate Certificate. This certificate, Public Health Preparedness: Bioterrorism and Disaster, provides a solid graduate-level education for public health officials, emergency management professionals, health care workers, criminal justice and law enforcement personnel, and first responders. Successful completion of the certificate will provide a fundamental understanding of:
- the principles of hazard analysis and incident management with respect to natural disasters as well as chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear incidents
- disaster readiness planning and coordination
- agricultural safety and biosecurity
- critical infrastructure protection against disaster and terrorist emergencies
- the political, legal, psychological, and social aspects of terrorism and natural disasters