Click here for the Weekend Schedule of Events.
Founders Hall is located on the campus of the Milton Hershey School, Hershey, PA. Below you will find information regarding the graduation ceremony.
The auditorium at Founders Hall has large capacity seating. No tickets or reservations are necessary.
Parking is available with shuttle service to the Founders Hall entrance. Carpools are suggested due to the size of the event.
Maps and Directions to Hershey Medical Center and College of Medicine
Maps and Directions to Founders Hall from Hershey Medical Center
Maps and Directions to Founders Hall
Wheelchair access is from Parking Lot A. Please ensure to park there if you require assistance.
- Graduation Guide
- A Graduation Guide has been created to assist you in preparation of graduation in May 2014. It outlines information regarding graduation requirements, ceremony details, special events, regalia ordering process and much more. Click here for the guide.
- Graduation Attendance
- University Policy requires each degree candidate to be present at graduation exercises to receive the diploma in person unless excused by the Dean and University Records Officer. Requests for graduation in absentia should be made to Ms. Diane Gill, Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 1, 2014.
- Regalia Orders
- In order to receive your diploma at the ceremony, you must wear a cap & tassel, gown and hood. Jostens is the college's contracted vendor for regalia. Staring January 1, 2014, you can place your order directly with them at the following website: http://www.jostens.com/apps/jcom/college.mvc?affiliateId=1044938
- Graduates may purchase announcements through Jostens. Staring January 1, 2014, you can place your order directly with them at the following website: http://www.jostens.com/apps/jcom/college.mvc?affiliateId=1044938
- The College of Medicine's Strategic Services Office can facilitate your graduation announcement through your local hometown newspapers. Please use this web form to do so.
- All pictures related to graduation are available for purchase here: http://pshmc.smugmug.com/. This includes graduate and medical student group pictures, the awards ceremony and the graduation ceremony.
- On graduation day, the Graduate Student group picture will be taken at 11:45 a.m. and the Medical Student group picture will be taken at 12:00 p.m. Both pictures will be taken promptly at their scheduled time and in the Founders Hall rotunda area.
- Check back to this website following graduation for the direct link to the smugmug pictures folder.
- The 2014 Commencement Ceremony will be recorded by MultiMedia Solutions. Please check back in Spring 2014 for the order form.
- Regalia Orders
- Faculty may purchase or rent their regalia for graduation. Regalia will be delivered to and distributed by the Office of Medical Education a few days prior to graduation. Ordering information will be announced to the faculty via email.
Family and Friends
- Class of 2014 Yearbook
- We invite you to purchase a yearbook or be part of it! You can submit a personalized message to your graduate with wishes of congratulations and good luck as medical school is ending and the next chapter of each of their lives is beginning. Submissions may also include a picture.
- Click here to view the submission instructions and a sample yearbook page, or to purchase a yearbook.
- Weekend Special Events
- Click here for the Schedule of Weekend Events which includes dates and times.
- Getting Here
- Air: The closest airport to campus is Harrisburg International Airport (MDT). Larger airports about two hours away include Philadelphia (PHI) and Baltimore (BWI, Dulles, Reagan).
- Train: The closest Amtrak station is in Middletown, PA. Other nearby stations include Elizabethtown and Harrisburg. All are within 13 miles of campus.
- Car: Driving Directions
- Lodging in Hershey
- Blocks of rooms have been reserved at several Hershey area hotels for Graduation Weekend 2014. Room blocks and their special rates are available for the nights of Friday, May 16 and Saturday, May 17. Click here for the complete list of hotels. There is plenty of lodging in and around the Hershey area. For a more options outside of the blocked rooms, click here.
- Dining in Hershey
- For a complete listing of local restaurants, click here.
- Area attractions