Sunday, May 18, 2014
1 - 3 p.m.
Founders Hall, Milton Hershey School
CLAIRE POMEROY, M.D., M.B.A.
President of the Albert and Mary Lasker Foundation
Founders Hall is located on the campus of the Milton Hershey School, Hershey, PA. Below you will find information regarding the graduation ceremony.
The auditorium at Founders Hall has large capacity seating. No tickets or reservations are necessary.
Parking is available with shuttle service to the Founders Hall entrance. Carpools are suggested due to the size of the event.
Maps and Directions to Hershey Medical Center and College of Medicine
Maps and Directions to Founders Hall from Hershey Medical Center
Maps and Directions to Founders Hall
Wheelchair access is from Parking Lot A. Please ensure to park there if you require assistance.
- Graduation Attendance
- University Policy requires each degree candidate to be present at graduation exercises to receive the diploma in person unless excused by the Dean and University Records Officer. Requests for graduation in absentia should be made to Ms. Diane Gill, Registrar (email@example.com) by March 1, 2014.
- Regalia Orders
- In order to receive your diploma at the ceremony, you must wear a cap & tassel, gown and hood. Jostens is the college's contracted vendor for regalia. Staring January 1, 2014, you can place your order directly with them at the following website: http://www.jostens.com/apps/jcom/college.mvc?affiliateId=1044938
- Graduates may purchase announcements through Jostens. Staring January 1, 2014, you can place your order directly with them at the following website: http://www.jostens.com/apps/jcom/college.mvc?affiliateId=1044938
- The College of Medicine's Strategic Services Office can facilitate your graduation announcement through your local hometown newspapers. Please use this web form to do so.
- All pictures related to graduation are available for purchase here: http://pshmc.smugmug.com/. This includes graduate and medical student group pictures, the awards ceremony and the graduation ceremony.
- On graduation day, the Graduate Student group picture will be taken at 11:45 a.m. and the Medical Student group picture will be taken at 12:00 p.m. Both pictures will be taken promptly at their scheduled time and in the Founders Hall rotunda area.
- Check back to this website following graduation for the direct link to the smugmug pictures folder.
- The 2014 Commencement Ceremony will be recorded by MultiMedia Solutions. Please check back in Spring 2014 for the order form.
- Regalia Orders
- Faculty may purchase or rent their regalia for graduation. Regalia will be delivered to and distributed by the Office of Medical Education a few days prior to graduation. Ordering information will be announced to the faculty via email.
Family and Friends
- Getting Here
- Air: The closest airport to campus is Harrisburg International Airport (MDT). Larger airports about two hours away include Philadelphia (PHI) and Baltimore (BWI, Dulles, Reagan).
- Train: The closest Amtrak station is in Middletown, PA. Other nearby stations include Elizabethtown and Harrisburg. All are within 13 miles of campus.
- Car: Driving Directions
- Lodging in Hershey
- There is plenty of lodging in and around the Hershey area. For a complete listing, click here.
- Dining in Hershey
- For a complete listing of local restaurants, click here.
- Area attractions