A Message from the CEO and Dean
Thank you for your interest in Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine. For more than 40 years we have taken great pride in offering the very best health care to the people of central Pennsylvania. We have and continue to rely on support from our donors to help us fulfill our important missions in education, research, patient care, and community service.
Thanks to the gifts we receive:
- Our scientists are on the forefront of research, translating groundbreaking discoveries into revolutionary new treatments to save lives.
- Our advanced facilities enable our physicians, surgeons, nurses, and hospital staff to provide world-class care to you and your family.
- We offer unparalleled service and the most highly specialized care to our region’s children and their families. With the opening of our new Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, we now provide that exceptional care in a state-of-the-art facility designed with the needs of children and families in mind.
- We are educating the next generation of health care professionals, researchers, and scholars who will shape the future of medicine and health care in Pennsylvania and around the globe.
I hope you will consider making a gift today. Your support of Penn State Hershey will help accelerate discovery and shape the future of health care. Every gift is important, regardless of the amount.
Harold L. Paz, M.D., M.S.
Chief Executive Officer, Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Health System
Senior Vice President for Health Affairs, Penn State Dean, Penn State College of Medicine
Your Gifts Make The Difference
2011-2012 Donor Recognition Report
Across Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine, it's easy to see how your gifts clearly make a difference in the lives of patients, families, physicians, faculty, students, and staff in meaningful, life-changing ways.
The impact of your gifts is the unbreakable thread that weaves throughout our institution as we accelerate scientific discovery, develop novel treatments, and educate future generations of physicians, researchers, and scholars. It is evidenced in thousands of patients, their lives transformed by doctors who could not have attended medical school without the help of a scholarship. It inspires the faculty to educate and mentor those who will shape the future of health care. Generations will live longer and healthier lives, finding hope for themselves and their loved ones, all because of your gifts.
The pages and videos that follow highlight the generous donors whose passion and commitment to Penn State Hershey support our life-saving work and inspire us each day.
- Deadline approaching for Kohl’s Healthy Champions video contest Penn State Hershey PRO Wellness Center, together with the Kohl’s Cares Hospital Program and Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, is hosting a video contest for families, schools and organizations. Participants have a chance to win a MacBook Pro, MacBook Air or iPad mini.More...
- Penn State Hershey Epilepsy Program recognized by NAEC Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s Comprehensive Epilepsy Program was recently recognized as a Level 4 Center by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC).More...
- New leadership coming to human resources, community relations Lisa Abbott will join Penn State Hershey on June 3 as associate vice president for human resources for health affairs for Penn State and chief human resources officer for Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. With Abbott’s arrival, Charles Wilson, who has served as chief human resources officer for the Medical Center since 2002, will move into the new role of chief community relations officer on an interim basis.More...
- The Medical Minute: Preparing home and car for emergencies Whether traveling or at home, there are things you can do before an emergency to ensure a swift response and a better possible outcome to your situation.More...