Welcome to Penn State College of Medicine
In 1963, The M.S. Hershey Foundation offered $50 million to The Pennsylvania State University to establish a medical school in Hershey. With this grant and $21.3 million from the U.S. Public Health Service, the University built a medical school, research center, and teaching hospital—Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. The University broke ground in 1966, and Penn State College of Medicine opened its doors to students in 1967. Penn State Hershey Medical Center accepted its first patients in 1970. More...
Penn State Hershey’s web presence has been improved to offer a comprehensive online tool for our research resources. The new Penn State Hershey Research Concierge provides a comprehensive listing of the research information you need in one location. In just one or two clicks, you can quickly discover essential forms, safety resources, funding information, education and training links, and much more.
To visit the Research Concierge, click here.
- Cancer Institute
- Center for Nanomedicine and Materials
- Central PA Center of Excellence for Research on Pregnancy Outcomes
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Clinical Neuroscience Center of Excellence
- Departmental Research Centers and Programs
- Diabetic Retinopathy Center
- General Clinical Research Center
- Heart & Vascular Institute
- Huck Institutes for the Life Sciences
- Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation
- Kienle Center
- Neuroscience Research Institute
- Penn State Hershey Center for Pediatric Cardiovascular Research
- Penn State Hershey Diabetes Institute
- To search for internal funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search for NIH funding opportunities, please check the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- To search for other federal funding opportunities, please look here
- To search for other external funding opportunities, including foundations, associations, and societies, please look here
- For a complete list of searchable databases of funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search fellowship opportunities, please look here
- Deadline approaching for Kohl’s Healthy Champions video contest Penn State Hershey PRO Wellness Center, together with the Kohl’s Cares Hospital Program and Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, is hosting a video contest for families, schools and organizations. Participants have a chance to win a MacBook Pro, MacBook Air or iPad mini.More...
- Penn State Hershey Epilepsy Program recognized by NAEC Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s Comprehensive Epilepsy Program was recently recognized as a Level 4 Center by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC).More...
- New leadership coming to human resources, community relations Lisa Abbott will join Penn State Hershey on June 3 as associate vice president for human resources for health affairs for Penn State and chief human resources officer for Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. With Abbott’s arrival, Charles Wilson, who has served as chief human resources officer for the Medical Center since 2002, will move into the new role of chief community relations officer on an interim basis.More...
- The Medical Minute: Preparing home and car for emergencies Whether traveling or at home, there are things you can do before an emergency to ensure a swift response and a better possible outcome to your situation.More...