Welcome to Penn State College of Medicine
In 1963, The M.S. Hershey Foundation offered $50 million to The Pennsylvania State University to establish a medical school in Hershey. With this grant and $21.3 million from the U.S. Public Health Service, the University built a medical school, research center, and teaching hospital—Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. The University broke ground in 1966, and Penn State College of Medicine opened its doors to students in 1967. Penn State Hershey Medical Center accepted its first patients in 1970. More...
Penn State Hershey’s web presence has been improved to offer a comprehensive online tool for our research resources. The new Penn State Hershey Research Concierge provides a comprehensive listing of the research information you need in one location. In just one or two clicks, you can quickly discover essential forms, safety resources, funding information, education and training links, and much more.
To visit the Research Concierge, click here.
- Cancer Institute
- Center for Nanomedicine and Materials
- Central PA Center of Excellence for Research on Pregnancy Outcomes
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Clinical Neuroscience Center of Excellence
- Departmental Research Centers and Programs
- Diabetic Retinopathy Center
- General Clinical Research Center
- Heart & Vascular Institute
- Huck Institutes for the Life Sciences
- Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation
- Kienle Center
- Neuroscience Research Institute
- Penn State Hershey Center for Pediatric Cardiovascular Research
- Penn State Hershey Diabetes Institute
- To search for internal funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search for NIH funding opportunities, please check the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- To search for other federal funding opportunities, please look here
- To search for other external funding opportunities, including foundations, associations, and societies, please look here
- For a complete list of searchable databases of funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search fellowship opportunities, please look here
- The Medical Minute: Many people with congenital heart disease living longer At one time, many children born with congenital heart disease (CHD) suffered from issues that carried fatal prognoses. That has changed, though, thanks to technological advancements.More...
- Penn State Hershey part of new report on pediatric cardiac surgery outcomes Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital is part of a first-of-its-kind report released today on pediatric and congenital heart surgery. The report on pediatric cardiac surgery outcomes is a first of its kind in Pennsylvania, and is the only statewide reporting effort like it in the nation.More...
- New program to promote and fund collaborative research at College of Medicine A new program to promote research collaborations and fund team research projects at Penn State Hershey kicks off on Feb. 26.More...
- Radiothon raises money to support programs at Children’s Hospital The 2015 GIANT Foods Stores I Care for Kids Radiothon on WIOV 105.1 raised $123,380 for Children's Miracle Network at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.More...