Welcome to Penn State College of Medicine
In 1963, The M.S. Hershey Foundation offered $50 million to The Pennsylvania State University to establish a medical school in Hershey. With this grant and $21.3 million from the U.S. Public Health Service, the University built a medical school, research center, and teaching hospital—Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. The University broke ground in 1966, and Penn State College of Medicine opened its doors to students in 1967. Penn State Hershey Medical Center accepted its first patients in 1970. More...
Penn State Hershey’s web presence has been improved to offer a comprehensive online tool for our research resources. The new Penn State Hershey Research Concierge provides a comprehensive listing of the research information you need in one location. In just one or two clicks, you can quickly discover essential forms, safety resources, funding information, education and training links, and much more.
To visit the Research Concierge, click here.
- Cancer Institute
- Center for Nanomedicine and Materials
- Central PA Center of Excellence for Research on Pregnancy Outcomes
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Clinical Neuroscience Center of Excellence
- Departmental Research Centers and Programs
- Diabetic Retinopathy Center
- General Clinical Research Center
- Heart & Vascular Institute
- Huck Institutes for the Life Sciences
- Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation
- Kienle Center
- Neuroscience Research Institute
- Penn State Hershey Center for Pediatric Cardiovascular Research
- Penn State Hershey Diabetes Institute
- To search for internal funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search for NIH funding opportunities, please check the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- To search for other federal funding opportunities, please look here
- To search for other external funding opportunities, including foundations, associations, and societies, please look here
- For a complete list of searchable databases of funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search fellowship opportunities, please look here
- Faculty work to change treatment for sexual behavior problems Penn State Network on Child Protection and Well-Being faculty member Brian Allen is exploring new frontiers in a field of child mental health that is often underexamined, underfunded and overlooked. Allen, a clinical child psychologist practicing at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, hopes to change the conversation -- or lack thereof -- surrounding child sexual behavior problems with help from a Children’s Miracle Network grant.More...
- Exercise program inspires $14 million College of Medicine research study Three sets of shoulder presses, chat about the weather. Three sets of chair stands, joke with the person on your right. Three sets of arm pulls, encourage the person on your left. This simple recipe – which combines strength training with socialization – has become a successful formula for older adults who participate in Band Together peer exercise groups throughout Central Pennsylvania.More...
- Sending a 'We Are!' thank you to these Penn Staters This week, we recognize five people who go above and beyond what's asked of them in their work at the University. We're sending a "We Are!" to Penn Staters with World Campus, Penn State Hershey, Penn State Law and the College of Agricultural Sciences.More...
- Association recognizes research of laboratory animal medicine residents The work of three residents in the Laboratory Animal Medicine Residency Program at Penn State College of Medicine has been recognized at professional meetings.More...