Penn State College of Medicine
In 1963, The M.S. Hershey Foundation offered $50 million to The Pennsylvania State University to establish a medical school in Hershey. With this grant and $21.3 million from the U.S. Public Health Service, the University built a medical school, research center, and teaching hospital—Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. The University broke ground in 1966, and Penn State College of Medicine opened its doors to students in 1967. Penn State Hershey Medical Center accepted its first patients in 1970. More...
Penn State Hershey’s web presence has been improved to offer a comprehensive online tool for our research resources. The new Penn State Hershey Research Concierge provides a comprehensive listing of the research information you need in one location. In just one or two clicks, you can quickly discover essential forms, safety resources, funding information, education and training links, and much more.
To visit the Research Concierge, click here.
- Cancer Institute
- Center for Nanomedicine and Materials
- Central PA Center of Excellence for Research on Pregnancy Outcomes
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Clinical Neuroscience Center of Excellence
- Departmental Research Centers and Programs
- Diabetic Retinopathy Center
- General Clinical Research Center
- Heart and Vascular Institute
- Huck Institutes for the Life Sciences
- Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation
- Kienle Center
- Neuroscience Research Institute
- Penn State Hershey Center for Pediatric Cardiovascular Research
- To search for internal funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search for NIH funding opportunities, please check the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- To search for other federal funding opportunities, please look here
- To search for other external funding opportunities, including foundations, associations, and societies, please look here
- For a complete list of searchable databases of funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search fellowship opportunities, please look here
- Medical Center demonstrates new psychiatric telemedicine program Through the use of new, secure technology, patients being treated in the emergency department at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center can now be seen more quickly by the hospital’s psychiatric specialists located at Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute in Harrisburg.More...
- Visiting faculty from Ghana learn best practices at College of Medicine Four Mountcrest University College faculty from Ghana are visiting Penn State College of Medicine for professional development.More...
- Promotions in academic rank, effective July 1, 2016 The following is a list of academic promotions for tenured and tenure-line faculty members at Penn State, effective July 1.More...
- Penn State announces fixed-term faculty promotions, effective July 1, 2016 Following is a list of fixed-term faculty promotions at Penn State, effective July 1.More...