Welcome to Penn State College of Medicine
In 1963, The M.S. Hershey Foundation offered $50 million to The Pennsylvania State University to establish a medical school in Hershey. With this grant and $21.3 million from the U.S. Public Health Service, the University built a medical school, research center, and teaching hospital—Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. The University broke ground in 1966, and Penn State College of Medicine opened its doors to students in 1967. Penn State Hershey Medical Center accepted its first patients in 1970. More...
Penn State Hershey’s web presence has been improved to offer a comprehensive online tool for our research resources. The new Penn State Hershey Research Concierge provides a comprehensive listing of the research information you need in one location. In just one or two clicks, you can quickly discover essential forms, safety resources, funding information, education and training links, and much more.
To visit the Research Concierge, click here.
- Cancer Institute
- Center for Nanomedicine and Materials
- Central PA Center of Excellence for Research on Pregnancy Outcomes
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Clinical Neuroscience Center of Excellence
- Departmental Research Centers and Programs
- Diabetic Retinopathy Center
- General Clinical Research Center
- Heart & Vascular Institute
- Huck Institutes for the Life Sciences
- Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation
- Kienle Center
- Neuroscience Research Institute
- Penn State Hershey Center for Pediatric Cardiovascular Research
- Penn State Hershey Diabetes Institute
- To search for internal funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search for NIH funding opportunities, please check the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- To search for other federal funding opportunities, please look here
- To search for other external funding opportunities, including foundations, associations, and societies, please look here
- For a complete list of searchable databases of funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search fellowship opportunities, please look here
- Photography series highlights Penn State Hershey support personnel While portraits of deans, department chairs and board members are often hung around campus, a series of photographs by Dr. Joseph Gascho highlights the importance of those not in the spotlight at Penn State Hershey.More...
- Motorcycle ride benefits Child Life Program at Hershey Organizers of the Helping Little Hands Motorcycle Ride recently presented Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital with $6,630, the proceeds of its second annual bike ride.More...
- Annual ‘Pay for Play’ event for Children’s Miracle Network begins Nov. 6 Nipsey, Earl David Reed and Jen Shade of WQXA-FM 105.7 the X’s "The People’s Morning Show" will host the 28-hour marathon “Pay for Play” broadcast from 6 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 6, through 9 a.m. Friday, Nov. 7.More...
- Children’s Hospital receives contributions from motorcycle enthusiasts Motorcycle enthusiasts from the Lancaster area visited Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital recently to deliver toys and $50,000 in contributions from their Central Pennsylvania Confederation of Motorcycle Clubs Ride.More...