Welcome to Penn State College of Medicine
In 1963, The M.S. Hershey Foundation offered $50 million to The Pennsylvania State University to establish a medical school in Hershey. With this grant and $21.3 million from the U.S. Public Health Service, the University built a medical school, research center, and teaching hospital—Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. The University broke ground in 1966, and Penn State College of Medicine opened its doors to students in 1967. Penn State Hershey Medical Center accepted its first patients in 1970. More...
Penn State Hershey’s web presence has been improved to offer a comprehensive online tool for our research resources. The new Penn State Hershey Research Concierge provides a comprehensive listing of the research information you need in one location. In just one or two clicks, you can quickly discover essential forms, safety resources, funding information, education and training links, and much more.
To visit the Research Concierge, click here.
- Cancer Institute
- Center for Nanomedicine and Materials
- Central PA Center of Excellence for Research on Pregnancy Outcomes
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Clinical Neuroscience Center of Excellence
- Departmental Research Centers and Programs
- Diabetic Retinopathy Center
- General Clinical Research Center
- Heart & Vascular Institute
- Huck Institutes for the Life Sciences
- Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation
- Kienle Center
- Neuroscience Research Institute
- Penn State Hershey Center for Pediatric Cardiovascular Research
- Penn State Hershey Diabetes Institute
- To search for internal funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search for NIH funding opportunities, please check the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- To search for other federal funding opportunities, please look here
- To search for other external funding opportunities, including foundations, associations, and societies, please look here
- For a complete list of searchable databases of funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search fellowship opportunities, please look here
- Penn State Hershey appoints new chief financial officer Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has selected Stephen Massini to serve as the medical center’s new chief financial officer, effective April 20.More...
- The Medical Minute: Endometriosis is real -- and it’s treatable Endometriosis is difficult to diagnose, with women often being told for years that they are experiencing their ‘normal period.’ According to the Endometriosis Foundation of America, it affects one in ten women.More...
- Penn State Hershey patient to serve as 2015-16 CMN Hospitals Champion Nine-year-old Caden Capitani of Hershey, a patient at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, has been named the 2015-16 Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Champion for Pennsylvania.More...
- OSLER at Penn State Hershey accepting scholarship applications The Office for Scholarship in Learning and Education Research (OSLER) at Penn State College of Medicine invites faculty members to apply for the second annual Scholarship in Education Award.More...