Welcome to Penn State College of Medicine
In 1963, The M.S. Hershey Foundation offered $50 million to The Pennsylvania State University to establish a medical school in Hershey. With this grant and $21.3 million from the U.S. Public Health Service, the University built a medical school, research center, and teaching hospital—Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. The University broke ground in 1966, and Penn State College of Medicine opened its doors to students in 1967. Penn State Hershey Medical Center accepted its first patients in 1970. More...
Penn State Hershey’s web presence has been improved to offer a comprehensive online tool for our research resources. The new Penn State Hershey Research Concierge provides a comprehensive listing of the research information you need in one location. In just one or two clicks, you can quickly discover essential forms, safety resources, funding information, education and training links, and much more.
To visit the Research Concierge, click here.
- Cancer Institute
- Center for Nanomedicine and Materials
- Central PA Center of Excellence for Research on Pregnancy Outcomes
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Clinical Neuroscience Center of Excellence
- Departmental Research Centers and Programs
- Diabetic Retinopathy Center
- General Clinical Research Center
- Heart & Vascular Institute
- Huck Institutes for the Life Sciences
- Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation
- Kienle Center
- Neuroscience Research Institute
- Penn State Hershey Center for Pediatric Cardiovascular Research
- Penn State Hershey Diabetes Institute
- To search for internal funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search for NIH funding opportunities, please check the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- To search for other federal funding opportunities, please look here
- To search for other external funding opportunities, including foundations, associations, and societies, please look here
- For a complete list of searchable databases of funding opportunities, please check the Research Development website
- To search fellowship opportunities, please look here
- Parent named vice dean for research and graduate studies Dr. Leslie Parent, chief of Penn State College of Medicine’s Division of Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology, has been named vice dean for research and graduate studies for the College of Medicine and Medical Center, and associate vice president for research at Penn State University.More...
- The Medical Minute: How to know whether ice or heat will ease the pain To ice or not to ice -- that is the question. Or maybe the real issue is to heat or not to heat? Either way, whether you’re dealing with a one-time injury or chronic aches and pains, a few simple guidelines will help you know whether it’s best to bag some ice or get the trusty heating pad. Dr. Scott Lynch, director of sports medicine at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, says it’s all about blood flow. When you injure yourself, you should follow a prescription known as RICE – rest, ice, compression and elevation.More...
- Dress for Success honors Kathy Law with Partner in Success Award Dress for Success South Central PA, a program of Suits to Careers Inc., recently awarded its Partner in Success Award to Kathy Law, director of nursing periop services at Penn State Hershey Medical Center.More...
- Conquer Run 5-K at Hersheypark to benefit Four Diamonds Conquer Run 5-K, a competitive run and fun walk through Hersheypark that benefits Four Diamonds, is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 3. Discounted registration opens May 1.More...