Welcome to Penn State Hershey Alumni Affairs
The College of Medicine Alumni Society thanks all alumni and friends who continue to contribute to its scholarship program. Because of alumni response, we awarded over 70 scholarship to deserving medical and graduate students in 2013. Alumni scholarships totaled more than $80,000 this year.
Congratulations to the students who received an alumni scholarship in 2013.
Alumni Weekend 2014, which is scheduled for September 19-20, 2014, will provide the stage for you to gather with Penn State College of Medicine alumni, faculty, and friends, while you reminisce about where your medical career began. So be sure to mark the date on your calendar! This year's reunion classes will feature the classes of 1974, 1979, 1984, 1989, 1994, 1999, 2004, and 2009.
Rekindle friendships that made your time at Penn State College of Medicine memorable. Reconnect with faculty and past mentors. Walk the campus and see how Penn State College of Medicine has changed -- and remained the same throughout the years.
Please check back in the spring for more information on Alumni Weekend 2014, including a full schedule of events, a link to online registration, and a printable RSVP form that you can mail in.
Contact the Office of University Development and Alumni Relations at 717-531-8497 or AlumniRelations@hmc.psu.edu.
The Penn State College of Medicine Alumni Office is seeking nominations for the 2013-2014 Penn State, Penn State Alumni Association and Penn State College of Medicine Alumni Awards.
- The Alumni Achievement Award recognizes alumni 35 years of age and younger for their extraordinary professional accomplishments.
- The Alumni Fellow Award is the highest honor that the Penn State Alumni Association bestows upon an alumna or alumnus.
- The Cheston M. Berlin Service Award recognizes meritorious service to the College of Medicine Alumni Society or its members.
- The Distinguished Alumni Award is the highest honor that The Pennsylvania State University bestows upon an alumna or alumnus.
- The Honorary Alumnus/a Award recognizes outstanding individuals who, though not graduates of Penn State, greatly enhance the University through their commitment and service, and who make significant contributions to Penn State's welfare, reputation, and prestige.
Please complete your nomination using the standard College of Medicine Alumni Award Nomination Form. Nominations can be submitted on a continuous basis, but should be postmarked by June 1, 2014 for consideration this year. Please send nomination forms to:
Office of University Development and Alumni Relations, A120
c/o Alison Lipsett Simpson, Alumni Relations Officer
P.O. Box 852
Hershey, PA 17033
To submit a nomination form electronically, please send it to Alison Lipsett Simpson at AlumniRelations@hmc.psu.edu, or please fax to 717-531-7939.
- The Medical Minute: Home for the holidays is a time to gauge loved ones’ health As families gather during the holiday season, it’s important to pay special attention to the older members of the clan. In fact, the holidays are a prime opportunity to observe changes in both mental and physical health that may otherwise go undetected and untreated.More...
- Graduate students hold coat drive The Penn State College of Medicine Graduate Student Association is holding a coat drive to benefit the Bethesda Mission.More...
- Student diversity show to be held Jan. 17 in Hershey The Multicultural Awareness Club (MAC) at Penn State College of Medicine will celebrate the beauty of and share appreciation for different cultures from around the world at the 2014 Cultural Diversity Show on Jan. 17.More...
- Penn State Hershey intern’s research places first An abstract by Haydan Smith, a participant in Penn State College of Medicine’s Undergraduate Research Internship Program this past summer, placed first at the 98th Pennsylvania Radiological Society meeting. Smith’s presentation was titled “PPV3 of Suspicious Breast Findings Detected on MRI.”More...